Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Bonython Housing ad 1

Frequently Asked Questions

Which Home & Living Support can I access through Minda?

You can receive support from Minda with everyday tasks like:

  • Personal care, including showering or dressing
  • Cooking
  • Going to and from appointments
  • Staying in touch with people who are important to you
  • Getting involved with the community
  • Medication and mealtime
  • Cleaning and laundry
  • Taking up a hobby

Our disability support staff offer a person-centred approach to develop support plans focusing on your needs and goals.

How can I access Minda Home & Living Support and explore housing options?

  • Step 1: Let your Local Area Coordinator know you would like to access Home & Living Support (Supported Independent Living or SIL) at your next planning meeting.
  • Step 2: If the NDIA determine Exploring Housing Options (EHO) is appropriate an Interim Plan will be created. EHO will be included.
  • Step 3: Discuss your individual circumstances, needs and preferences with your Support Coordinator. You will then be asked to complete an assessment of your support needs by a Occupational Therapist, who will create an in-depth report.
  • Step 4: The Support Coordinator will use this report and your preferences and needs to complete an EHO Assessment, which assesses suitable housing options including private rental, community housing and others. They will then send this to the NDIA for approval.
  • Step 5: The NDIA will use the EHO Assessment to determine suitable housing options, housing ratios and support minutes required. It is important to note that the housing provider does not make these determinations.
  • Step 6: Once the NDIA has approved SIL and determined the kind of housing and support required, a new plan is generated requesting a quote from the housing provider. The provider may ask for your email so the NDIA delegate can confirm the Home & Living Support.

Subscribe to stay up to date

Name *