Suitable for anyone of any age, our buddy-style program, means having a friend to help with activities such as:
- Learning life skills
- Developing social networks
- Joining sports teams
- Skill development towards employment
- Engaging in a diverse range of social activities
- Participating in exercise programs
- Accessing work and volunteering opportunities
- Guidance on life issues
- Accessing activities in the community
- Assistance to start a small business
The Disability Choices team will match you with a mentor with similar interests and will coordinate a flexible arrangement to suit your lifestyle. Most importantly, having a mentor will provide a fun environment for developing your skills and interests.
What can I achieve with a mentor?
- Develop positive and supportive relationships
- Increase independence and confidence
- Build friendships
- Achieve positive change in your life
- Build resilience and a sense of self-worth
- Access and get involved in the community
- Develop to your full potential
- Enhance your communication skills
- Feel empowered to make decisions
- Learn to model appropriate behaviour
- Build trust with new people
All mentors are skilled Minda employees, hold a Department of Social Inclusion Screening Check, have a current first aid certificate and a drivers licence.
To learn more about our Mentoring program, contact the Disability Choices team on FREE CALL 1800 164 632 or email.