As the primary carer for someone with intellectual disability, you make a profound difference to the quality of life for your loved one.
At Minda, we know that caring for someone living with intellectual disability can be hard work physically and emotionally. Minda can provide you with the freedom to take a break with Respite and Vacation Care services.
At Minda, we know it is not as easy as ringing a babysitter; most people with a disability have very specific needs, meaning they need special support.
Minda can provide families with:
- Relief from caring
- Enhanced networks
- Time for other family members
- Support in emergency situations
- School holiday vacation care
- Assistance in maintaining child in the family setting
Minda can support individuals:
- Access overnight community-based respite
- Have a break from the family
- Enjoy new experiences
- Build friendships and acquaintances
- Enhance their quality of life
- Get quality support, responsive to needs