Residential Tenancy Agreement (RTA)

When you accept an offer of housing you must sign a Residential Tenancy Agreement (also known as a lease) before you can move in to the property. The RTA is a standard agreement that is also used in the private rental market.

However, as a Social Housing Provider, Minda may have additional terms in the RTA, these will be fully explained during the lease sign up.

During the sign up your rights and responsibilities under the Residential Tenancies Act 1995 (the Act) will be explained in detail.

Additional information will be provided to assist you with your tenancy. This handbook covers many terms in the lease in easy to understand language, it may also be available in other languages.

There may be special conditions attached to some properties. All Minda tenants have full rights and obligations under the Residential Tenancies Act 1995. If tenants require tenancy advice from an independent source, or information about their rights and responsibilities as a tenant, this can be obtained from Consumer and Business Services on 131 882.

Minda aim to maintain a standard of housing that ensures our Tenant(s) are comfortable in their homes; therefore property maintenance is always high on the plan of programs through:

  • Prompt services by our team of qualified and licensed contractors to fix problems as they occur
  • Regular planned maintenance or non–urgent work is carried out in line with the Minda Maintenance Policy
  • A comprehensive assessment of our properties to identify problem areas that might arise, as well as looking at areas needing upgrading or replacement.

Minda Office hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).

We provide an after-hours contact for issues outside of normal business hours; for emergency maintenance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, call the After Hours Duty Office on 08 8422 6213.

Housing Transfers
There are different reason that an existing Tenant(s) of Minda wants to, or will be asked to transfer to a different Minda property.

Internal transfers can take place when a Tenant(s) cannot live in a property anymore because it does not meet their needs, or a property has become unavailable for them to live in. If a Tenant believes that they are eligible for an internal transfer and want to apply, then they can contact the Minda Accommodation Placement Panel via:

Disability Choices – freecall, 1800 1 MINDA (64632)

Add to My Choices

My Choices

Create a list of services you're interested in by using the "Add to My Choices" button. Then submit the form to Disability Choices and Minda will help connect you with services.